Alcohol addiction and ways to prevent it
Alcoholism, also known as alcohol disorder, generally refers to alcohol addiction, the compulsive and uncontrolled consumption of alcoholic beverages. Alcohol Addiction refers to taking a harmful substance that affects a person’s brain function and behavior. The harmful drugs cause an excessive release of dopamine or happy harmony, which cause the person to take more. Alcoholism is the most severe form of problem drinking at a level that causes harm to your health. It describes a strong, often uncontrolled, desire to drink. Over the past several decades, many studies have focused on the cause and factors associated with alcoholism. If you are suffering from such addictions, feel free to consult Dr. Pankaj Kumar, the best psychiatrist in east Delhi.
While there is no exact cause of alcohol addiction, some factors include financial problems, Emotional breakdown, Mental health conditions, and social factors. Excessive alcohol use can lead to injuries, violence, liver disease, heart disease, cancer, etc. India is the third-largest market for alcoholic beverages in the world, with an estimated 62.5 million. Harmful use of alcohol was the cause of 5.9% of death and 5.1% of the global burden of disease and injury.
Signs and symptoms – As an addiction tends to get worse over the time, it’s important to look for early warning signs: –
- Increased quantity or frequency of use
- Dependence on alcohol to function in daily life
- Avoiding contact with loved ones.
- Having a craving to drink and cannot control it.
- Spending a lot of time obtaining and drinking.
- Putting oneself in dangerous situations
- Choose to drunk alcohol instead of tending to obligation.
- Continue to drink despite the consequences.
- Drinking alcohol to deal with stress.
- Drinking alcohol first thing in the morning.
- Unpleasant symptoms when drinking stops include headaches, nausea, insomnia, and anxiety.
- Turning to alcohol during times of stress, anger, and sadness.
Many people with alcohol use disorder hesitate to get treatment because they don’t recognize they have a problem. If you feel that you sometimes drink too much alcohol, or your drinking is causing problems, or your family is concerned about your drinking, you can talk to Dr. Pankaj Kumar, who is regarded among the best psychiatrist in east Delhi. Treatment for alcohol use disorder can vary depending on your needs. Treatment may involve brief intervention, medications, and individual or group therapy.
Treatment for alcohol use disorder may include:
- Educate about the effects of alcohol consumption and the coping strategies to overcome the habit.
- Individual and group therapy.
- Continuing support
If you or a loved one is suffering from alcohol use disorder, seek help today from Dr. Pankaj Kumar. He is undoubtedly the best psychiatrist in East Delhi.